Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And the Saga continues...

Yes folks it does. Hopefully next week I start my SBRT treatment at Arizona Oncology at St.Joseph's Hospital. SBRT stands for Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy and it is a high dose of radiation to a specific target. There will be treatments on 5 consecutive mornings and I will go in to work afterwards. The immediate side effects will be fatigue(been there, done that, have the tee shirt), the long term would be scarring on the lung and there is a good chance of breaking a rib if I sneeze or cough hard. The cure for those is medication. Slowly but surely the fingernails and hair are growing back from the last treatment. It would be nice to have a full head of hair for once but I may have to wait for that wish to come true. After The SBRT is finished I'll start back on the joy juice for 6 to 8 sessions. You didn't think I was going to get off that easy did you? I'll keep everyone up to date once the carnival begins. C YA Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment