Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And now it is two......

drugs that is. Yes Dr. Chen decided to take me off of the 5fu pump and I am happier than a pig in you know what. Some of the side effects of the 5fu were mouth sores, nausea, heartburn, drying of the skin on my hands causing them to peel. The tumors were chemo sensitive (a good thing) and appear to be gone. I will be going for a Pet scan towards the middle of July to see how much progress I have made. I mentioned that I had a little soreness, like tugging, in the area of the tumors and she assured me that was normal and it was the scar tissue from the dead tumors. I have to say one thing for the tumor between my ribs, it seems to have helped my golf game. I am keeping my right elbow in to my body so as to not over stress the area of the ribs and it seems to help straighten my shot and smooth out my swing. As always thanks to all for their prayers and well wishes. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment