Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Gone but not forgotten

Well it's been a couple of months since my last post and I apologize for that. As of the 6th of this month my chemo cycles are over with. About two weeks prior to that I had a CT scan of my chest to see how things were going and it came back favorable, the tumors were gone but I had some fluid on my lungs. This was due to my treatment and also to my lung surgery in January. Dr. Chen is not too worried about this. If she's not worried then I'm not worried. On Friday the 24th I had my PET scan to see exactly how my treatments were working. That was a long weekend waiting to hear what the results were. Well I'm here to tell you that after 17 chemo treatments, 35 radiation doses, and 1 lung surgery I am cancer free!!! Woohoo!!! I have started a maintenance program which consists of premeds and only 1 chemo drug. This will be our ritual every 3 weeks for as long as.............. Liquor is not an option to celebrate anymore. The liver needs to be working properly in order for the chemo drug to do it's job. A small price to pay to stay above the ground instead of below it. Mary and I would like to say thank you to all for their well wishes and prayers. As of now this will probably be the last post. Peace Out! Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment